|Home||» Products||» Home Theater System||» Home Theater Speakers||» PortableSpeaker|
Introducing Yamahaâ€™s flagship 3-way bookshelf speaker system, setting a new standard in performance and quality by which all other Hi-Fi speakers should be judged.
- Newly developed diaphragms boast acoustic velocity comparable to that of beryllium
- Newly developed R.S. (Resonance Suppression) Chambers suppress unwanted resonance in the mid and high ranges
- 30 cm (12â€) 3-way bookshelf design draws on the tradition of the legendary NS-1000M
- Carefully crafted laminated plywood enclosure made of Japanese white birch from the island of Hokkaido
- Newly developed Acoustic Absorber eliminates sound-absorbing material to revive the original presence of the music
- Glossy black piano finish provides improved signal-to-noise performance â€” and adds to the luxurious joy of ownership
- Frequency-dividing Network
Newly Developed Diaphragms Boast Acoustic Velocity Comparable to That of Beryllium
NS-5000's tweeter, midrange, and woofer all feature diaphragms made of 100%* ZYLON® â€” a synthetic fiber created in Japan rated as the worldâ€™s strongest** and boasting optimum elasticity â€” and vapor-coated with Yamaha's proprietary monel alloy. The soft-dome diaphragm suppresses peaks and dips in the frequency response caused by the inherent resonance of the diaphragm, while taking advantage of ZYLON®'s high acoustic velocity comparable to that of beryllium. The result is a remarkably flat frequency response, with unified tone color and acoustic velocity over the entire frequency range, providing comfortable listening experience and meticulously accurate, superb sound reproduction of the highest degree.
Newly developed R.S. (Resonance Suppression) Chambers Suppress Unwanted Resonance in the Mid and High Ranges
Mounted on the back of the tweeter and midrange speaker units are newly developed R.S. Chambers (patent pending) that suppress unnecessary tube resonance generated behind the diaphragm. Two specially shaped tubes installed in accordance with our proprietary acoustic analysis cancel tube resonance. These R.S. Chambers achieve higher-resolution audio reproduction by eliminating the need for a large quantity of sound-absorbing material inside the enclosure that tends to smooth the frequency response of each speaker unit and might degrade minute nuances of the sound.
|Type||3 way Bookshelf Bass-reflex Type|
|Woofers||30 cm (12") cone type|
|MidRange Driver||8 cm (3-1/4") dome type|
|Tweeter||3 cm (1-1/4") dome type|
|Frequency Response||26 Hz-40 kHz (-10dB), -100 kHz (-30dB)|
|Nominal Input Power||200 W|
|Maximum Input Power||600 W|
|Sensitivity||88 dB / 2.83 V/1 m|
|Crossover Frequencies||750 Hz / 4.5 kHz|
|Impedance||6 ohms (minimum 3.5 ohms)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||395 x 690 x 381 cm; 15-1/2â€ x 27-1/8â€ x 15â€ (with speaker terminals)|
|Weight||35.0 kg; 77.2 lbs. / unit|
"We are inviting inquiries from the local areas of Surat, Gujarat".